Indian team in ICC tournaments: The Indian team once again lost the ICC title. Team India, captained by Rohit Sharma, lost by 6 wickets in the final of the 2023 World Cup against Australia. This was not the first time in the last 9 years that Team India lost the ICC tournament. In the last 9 years i.e. from 2014 to 2023, Team India has lost a total of 10 ICC titles. The team almost lost many times.
In the last 10 ICC titles, the Indian team has lost 4 times in the semi-finals and 5 times in the final. India won the last ICC Trophy in 2013 (Champions Trophy 2013) under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Since then, Team India has not won any ICC title. It was under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni that Team India last won the ODI World Cup title (in 2011).
The last time India lost the T20 World Cup final was in 2014, the very next year after winning the ICC trophy. Then in the 2015 ODI World Cup, India lost to Australia in the semi-finals. Similarly, the team lost 10 ICC titles. Team India was out of the group stage of the 2021 T20 World Cup only once in 10 times. Apart from this, the team had to face defeat in the knockouts.
India lost 10 ICC titles from 2014 to 2023
- 2014 T20 World Cup – Lost in the final
- 2015 ODI World Cup – lost in the semi-finals
- 2016 T20 World Cup – Lost in semi-finals
- 2017 Champions Trophy – Lost final
- 2019 ODI World Cup – Lost in semi-finals
- 2019-21 World Test Championship Final – Lost
- 2021 T20 World Cup – eliminated from group stage
- 2022 T20 World Cup – Lost in semi-finals
- 2021-23 World Test Championship Final – Lost
- 2023 ODI World Cup – Lost in the final.
read this also…
IND vs AUS Final: Australia was given 3 shocks in the beginning, but these 10 mistakes of India snatched the title from it.