Dr Ambedkar Awas Yojana: Many people have the dream of building a house and for this, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is also being run by the Central Government in the country. The poor and people belonging to economically weaker section under its purview get financial assistance from the government to build permanent houses. Apart from this, many state governments have also run some schemes to provide financial assistance to the citizens to build houses in their state. One of these is Dr. Ambedkar Awas Yojana, under which financial assistance is being provided by the Gujarat government to build houses.
Which category of people can take benefit of government scheme
Through this scheme, homeless people are provided homes. The benefits of Dr. Ambedkar Awas Yojana are provided by the Director, Scheduled Caste Welfare Office, Gandhinagar. Under the scheme, help is provided to Scheduled Caste citizens to build houses. Online application for Dr. Ambedkar Awas Yojana will have to be made through e-social welfare portal.
Who gets financial help?
Houses are to be provided to the economically weaker sections of the Scheduled Castes and especially the homeless people living below the poverty line in a sequential manner as per a timeframe. Persons who have open plot, completely mud, thatched house, Kuba type house which is not habitable.
Know how much amount you get and what are the rules
- For constructing a house above the first floor with the consent of the landlord and the landlord, assistance of Rs 1 lakh 20 thousand is paid in three installments. Of these, the first installment is given at Rs 40,000 (with the order of administrative approval), the second installment is given at Rs 60,000 (after reaching the lintal level) and the third installment is given at Rs 20,000 (on completion of construction including toilet).
- The beneficiaries or other members of the beneficiaries’ family should not be availing benefits under any other housing scheme implemented by the Government.
- Annual income should not exceed Rs 6 lakh in rural areas and Rs 6 lakh in urban areas.
- The amount of building construction assistance will be Rs 1,20,000. Apart from this, those who are eligible for assistance of Rs 1 lakh 20 thousand for toilet will be eligible separately as per the rules of the scheme. But, if the beneficiary is not eligible for toilet assistance, he/she will have to construct the toilet with the compulsory assistance of ₹ 1,20,000.
- The beneficiary will have to put a plaque on the house built under this scheme as per ‘Ambedkar Awas Yojana of the State Government’.
- The upper limit for building construction will be a maximum of Rs 10 lakh for urban areas and Rs 7 lakh for rural areas. The upper limit will not apply to assistance provided under the Affordable Housing Scheme in urban areas.
- The construction of the house will have to be completed within 2 years from the payment of the first installment of house construction assistance.
- The age of the beneficiary should be at least 21 years.
What documents will be required
applicant’s aadhar card
applicant’s ration card
Example of caste/subcaste of the applicant
Example of applicant’s gross annual income
Proof of residence (any one of electricity bill/license/lease agreement/electoral card/ration card)
Land ownership basis/document/ownership deed/ownership deed/sanad deed (as applicable)
Photocopy of first page of bank passbook/cancelled check (in the name of the applicant)
Example of death of husband (if widow)
A copy of the map showing the area of land on which the building is to be constructed, signed by (Talati-cum-Minister)
election identity card
building construction certificate
Photo of open plot/ dilapidated house where house is to be built
How to apply for the scheme
If you want to apply for the scheme, first type E Samaj Kalyan Portal in Google search.
The first option that will appear in Google is esamajkalyan.gujarat.gov.in, open it.
In this, click on the Director Scheduled Caste Welfare page.
In this, Dr. is at number-5. Click on Ambedkar Awas Yojana.
Those who have not done E Samaj Kalyan Registration, click on New User Please Register Here.
Create a new account by entering name, address, mobile, password and captcha in it.
After creating a new account, click on Citizen Login and login on the basis of user ID, password and captcha.
Dr. in Citizen Login You have to click on Ambedkar Awas Yojana and fill your personal information.
After this, information will have to be given whether the house is vacant or not habitable.
Upload all the required documents and after checking, click on Save.
Take print after final confirmation.
After printing the application, submit all the documents along with the application to the district office.
read this also